Our Nursing Team provide awide range of nursing and medical care including:
- Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Blood tests/injections
- Anti-smoking advice
- Asthma Clinics
- Cervical Smear tests
- Diabetic Clinics
- Dressings/Stitch removal
- ‘Flu Clinics
- Blood pressure checks
- Ear Syringing
- Foreign Travel Advice
- Breast Awareness
- HRT Checks
- Family Planning
- Weight/Diet Advice
The Doctors and Midwife share the ante-natal care of patients. Antenatal Clinics are held at the Evergeen Children's Centre, Malvern (Tel: 577289). The Doctors will see you in ordinary Surgery appointments, please book these in the usual way via reception. If you wish to consider a home delivery please discuss it with your Midwife so the necessary arrangements can be made.
The Medical Centre offers a range of contraceptive services, including emergency contraception, contraceptive pills, 3 monthly injections ('Depo'), and referrals for sterilisations/vasectomies.
Please make an appointment with the Doctor:
- If you need contraception for the first time.
- If you are having problems or worries with your current method.
The Practice Nurses are trained in Family Planning and will be pleased to see you for your routine checks:
- Providing you are happy with your current method and have no problems.
- If you are undecided and wish to discuss the different methods of contraception available.
- If you are planning a pregnancy, to discuss with you and your partner preconceptual health issues.
Various minor operations are performed by the doctors at the Medical Centre including cryotherapy (freezing) to remove warts.
We believe strongly in health promotion.
The Practice Nurses are trained in health promotion and will be glad to offer you advice. They will concentrate on blood pressure, diet, weight, smoking, alcohol consumption, exercise and healthy living. Blood tests for cholesterol will be performed where appropriate.
All new patients are invited to attend an appointment with the Practice Nurse for a Health Check. This enables us to assess your health needs and update your records.
The PCT now administers the smear recall program. They will write to you when your smear is due, asking you to make an appointment. When this happens, please book in with the Practice Nurse or a female GP for the mid part of your cycle. They will also write to you with the result.
It is recommended that all patients with asthma have regular reviews. One of our Nurses has special training in managing asthma and runs this clinic. A yearly review is recommended.
It is recommended that all diabetics have regular reviews. Our Nurse has special training in diabetes management and if you have diabetes you will receive regular invitations to attend. One of these appointments each year will be your annual check with the Nurse. Annual retinal photography is advised.
CHILD HEALTH SURVEILLANCE
A programme of regular assessments of your child's health and development is run by the Doctor and Health Visitor. You will receive notification when these checks are due.
HEALTH VISITOR FOR CHILDREN
The Health Visitor for Children is based at Prospect View (Tel: 01684 612662).
NURSE ADVISOR FOR OLDER PEOPLE
The Nurse Advisor for Older People is based at St Saviours Surgery (Tel: 01684 572323).
Some services are not covered by the NHS and a charge will be made.
- Private Sickness Certificates, (NHS Certificates can only be issued after 1 week's absence, employers should accept a self certification form but may require a private sick note)
- Insurance, Driving, Sports and School Medicals
- Claim forms for insurance companies requiring medical information
- Passport and driving licence signatures
- Some prescriptions for foreign travel. Please ask at reception for advice on current fees.